Monday 1 October 2012

Carla Zampatti wedding reception dress




Slight problem. Major Dilemma.

The Qipao arrived a couple of weeks ago and was a disappointment to say the least. My main problem with the dress was that I expected it to be a blue, whereas it's actually more of a green. Also, although I got it custom made, for some reason (possibly due to my own mistakes in measuring myself), it does not fit properly and will need alteration. The embroidary looks nice enough but overall, despite some positive feedback (as well as negative), I just don't feel beautiful in it. So the verdict is, I probably won't wear it as my reception dress. I may put it on for 10-15 minutes while we are doing the tea ceremony but otherwise I don't really want to wear it :(


A few days ago, I did find something at Carla Zampatti which caught my eyes. I've tried on several version of this dress, in blue, pink and a burnt orange/reddish shade and I found it to be quite flattering. I'm particularly interested in the burnt orange/reddish shade as it can pay homage to my chinese background. It's comfortable, makes me look taller and more curvy. The only problem is the price. It's $869 dollars!!! I may have felt a bit better about it if I hadn't bought the Qipao but since that was $260, it just seems like a lot of money to spend. This is a dress I will wear again in the future so it won't just be for the wedding. Mr HSH did say that I could buy it if I want but I am also feeling a strong desire to be responsible. Anyway, I'm going to go and try on some other dresses and see if I can find something equally nice and cheaper.

Dress:

http://www.carlazampatti.com.au/Shop/Shop_Garments/Long_Dresses_&_Jumpsuits/124250.2010/Aquamarine-Georgette-Jasmine-Gown.html

2 comments:

  1. This site is use for the blog. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! It seems like everything is falling together because I have just finalized a venue NYC for my wedding day and it was good coming across this post, I liked the two already displayed here but would like to see more of their collection before picking up my dream wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete