Saturday 17 September 2011

White's Cafe-Mount Pleasant Road, Nunawading

 I just came back from a wonderful breakfast at a  local cafe on Mount Pleasant Road, Nunawading.  White's Cafe is located on a sleepy strip of shops in a beautiful suburban part of Nunawading, away from the train station and major roads. I think they also double as a catering business.

At first glance, it appears to be a very family oriented place and looking at the customers in the cafe, I guess they're probably from nearby neighborhoods and were frequent diners at the cafe. The majority of the people there had kids with them.

The restaurant itself seems a bit worn down but nobody seemed to care. It was a no fuss joint where the furniture looked like they were probably bought from the local op shop. We had good service from Sally (?owner) and another waitress.

The Breakfast menu was no fuss and simply typed on a A4 sheet of white paper. There weren't many choices to choose from. Both MR HSH and I ordered the Eggs benedict with guacomole, caramalised onion, pancetta on poached eggs drizzled with hollandaise sauce. It was one of the best Eggs Benedict I've had! Everything was beautifully cooked and perfectly seasoned. I was in heaven! Compared to the P+MJ I had at Porgie and Mr Jones, I can honestly say that this was significantly more superior.
 
We also ordered a Chai latte and ice chocolate. Both were very standard, nothing special although Mr HSH was happy that he got a big serving of ice chocolate.  

Overall, we had a great breakfast at this family oriented cafe. I wish they had a bit more variety in their breakfast menu and offered extras like mushrooms etc. Alas, will definitely come back!







No comments:

Post a Comment